Monday, April 26, 2010

Hmmmmm....Doughnut.....


Sunday morning...after a night of tossing and turning...and turning and tossing...and very little sleep...I needed to be on the road before 9:00...I needed something...a pick-me up...something to help me with sleep deprivation and to brace myself for a day of Little League baseball....

I stopped by my favorite mom and pop doughnut shop intending to get myself a treat to set myself up for the day and to deal with a pounding headache...and yes...there was more than a little sublimation going on as well...

From the counter, browsing the doughnut and pastry case I found exactly what I needed;

A jelly filled marble cruller...under a heavy coating of sugar glaze....

Whomever came up with the idea for this decadent jelly filled deep fried treat should be given a medal or put in prison for developing a doughnut form of crack...as in the parking lot I immediately ate the first one I bought and rushed back inside to buy another...as I said...there was more than a little sublimation going on...

Anyway...the glazed jelly filled marble cruller...its sort of like coming up with a perfectly fine candy bar and then deciding to slather it with frosting...the damn thing was sooooo good it was almost evil...

Sometimes you need a good stiff drink, others a bowl of ice cream....and sometimes...at least for me anyway...you need a doughnut...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a doughnut fan but that sure looks good. Sometimes, Tom, you just need a steak...and a good drink. We'll compare headaches soon and have a steak...and maybe I'll have a drink. I need to revisit my Polish vodka roots. It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete