I spent about an hour yesterday chatting with a friend. We talked about the usual things that two single parents talk about; kids, schedules, ex spouses, as well as our social lives...she has one...I have HBO...
Anyway...we were both having bad days...neither of us were dealing with anything of great import, just a series of little things that were dragging us both down. We were having a bitch fest...and then my phone rang. It was my brother.
My brother-in-law, a man in his mid fifties, was suffering from small cell lung cancer. He was a biker, and he very much looked the part. A big man, chemotherapy and radiation had made him a shell of his former self. I last saw him at a family gathering in March. He told me that the end was soon.
My brother called to tell me that our brother-in-law died the night before.
My sister is now a widow and my niece lost her father....
The universe force fed my friend and me a very large does of perspective.
When I used to complain about something very trivial an ex girlfriend used to ask me "is anybody going to die?" (it seems sometimes that what wisdom I possess has been gleaned from the women I have dated...)..anyway...she believes that if you use death as a standard anything else is manageable...and so it is.
Les Blondes Les Plus Sexy!
-
Rendez-vous sur MYM.fans dès maintenant! Choisissez parmi les blondes les
plus sexy pour discuter ou vous connecter!
10 months ago
So sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeletehope today is better for you Tom! at least it's sunny and you're alive to appreciate it :)
ReplyDelete